This is what my eyes see..


This is what my body feels..


This is what my heart desires..

Saturday, January 29, 2011

$178 Later

9:45 AM, Monday, January 25, 2011

I brought tire to Sears Auto Center. I had them check my the puncture or cause of deflation of my tire. Eventually they found the hole and unfortunately, it is on the side wall, making the tire unrepairable. I had to purchased a new tire that costs $140 plus installation fee and taxes that totals to $178!

Lessons learned:
1. Having 22" rim on a heavy sedan (Cadillac CTS) = Good
- With a flat tire, the car still kept going without any unnoticeable change in handling or stability. Car's ride height didn't change much. That's without a run-flats.

2. Replacing one of these big tires is too expensive.
- These tires cost twice as much as a regular tire.

5:45 PM

I went back to Sears Auto Center to pick up my new tire. They installed it in just a few minutes and re-checked all tire pressures. I went home straight after paying the whole cost and damn, it really hurts in my pocket.. Hopefully this new  tire will last for a year or so..

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones